15.4 beta feelings
Tofloor
poster avatar
jpcarvalhinho
deepin
2017-02-28 15:32
Author
Hello... First of all, congratulations on this new beta... Thank you for your suport and dedication to the software and to us, you community.I never could use Linux as a default system, but since I tried deepin, I really enjoyed it and got really close.

Just wanted to express my two cents about the novelties in the 15.4 beta version

1. You guys spent too much time improving the control center that you overdid it
Too much rounded corners, to much transparency (it doesn't work right with contents in the background, for instance this page, you should provide a slider to set the tranparency value) and it kind of got clutered on a single list.
2. The @widgets have a delay everytime they scroll into view, so they kind of pop taking some seconds to update
3. I cant get my keyboard right (pt_PT in a mac)
4. Love the notifications on the control center (I once talked about this)
5. It all seems more crisp?! the fonts?
6. Pity we still have programs using different toolkits (this really puts me off, with different corner buttons depending on the app)

You see... it's all about nitpicking! This is undoubtedly the greatest Linux release ever!!

Keep up the good work!

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
jingle
deepin
2017-02-28 17:26
Thank you for your feedback.
Reply View the author
LMDM387
deepin
2017-02-28 18:35
Think you for like deepin linux

By the way, can you a more detailed description of the keyboard to be the problem?
Reply View the author
中国新蔡
deepin
2017-02-28 20:44
Haha,welcome to use deepin OS!
Reply View the author
laoguang
deepin
2017-02-28 21:38
excuse my vulgarities, but how the fck did you manage to install deepin on mac?
(as in mine's got a retina and the dpi got fcked up.)
Reply View the author
sonald
deepin
2017-02-28 23:48
> 1. You guys spent too much time improving the control center that you overdid it
Yeah, I agree with you....

> Too much rounded corners, to much transparency
I agree either... this'll change in the final release I believe.

> 6. Pity we still have programs using different toolkits (this really puts me off, with different corner buttons depending on the app)
there is a long way to go with it.
Reply View the author
HualetWang
deepin
2017-02-28 23:57
Thank you, but do you think the font's getting better or worse ? I don't understand that line very much.
Reply View the author
yanbowen
deepin
2017-03-01 00:20
> 3. I cant get my keyboard right (pt_PT in a mac)
Is the keyboard layout right? Please paste the outputs of `setxkbmap -query`, thanks!
Reply View the author
jpcarvalhinho
deepin
2017-03-01 11:06
Hello... just some updates and answers

3- It solved it self... don't know why, but it got fixed when I rebooted the system.
5- the fonts are way better ... they are perfect! Never liked Linux fonts as much! Congratulations.

@laoguang: I installed Deeping on a Virtualbox VM ;)
Reply View the author
justforlxz
deepin developers team
2017-03-01 16:50
Thank you.
Reply View the author
nataraj03
deepin
2017-03-02 00:09
1. You guys spent too much time improving the control center that you overdid it
Too much rounded corners, to much transparency (it doesn't work right with contents in the background, for instance this page, you should provide a slider to set the tranparency value) and it kind of got clutered on a single list.
2. The @widgets have a delay everytime they scroll into view, so they kind of pop taking some seconds to update

Yes, I Also agree with this. The UI looks good but the UX is pretty bad. UX is one of the reason I stopped using other linux distro. Simplicity is the greatest strength in Deepin linux upto 15.3, plz don't sacrifice it. I still love the UX of 15.3

The hot corner access is taking too much time or not working at all sometimes. This needs to be fixed.
Reply View the author
sonald
deepin
2017-03-02 01:10
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/135297
Yes, I Also agree with this. The UI looks good but the UX is pretty bad. UX is one of the reason I ...

> The hot corner access is taking too much time or not working at all sometimes. This needs to be fixed.
We introduce a new sheme to prevent accident-triggering of hot corners. stab the corner twice or keep stabbing your mouse into the corner for nearly 400ms will activate it.
Reply View the author
nataraj03
deepin
2017-03-02 02:10
>We introduce a new sheme to prevent accident-triggering of hot corners. stab the corner twice or keep stabbing your mouse into the corner for nearly 400ms will activate it.

Is there any way to change the time by ourself?

After installing few fonts the fonts are not in alphabetical order.
Reply View the author
kuvanito
deepin
2017-03-02 04:43
dang it!
it all looks great to me,best linux release since pear os
kudos to the dev team,this distribution can evenly compete and beat mac os  and windows 10 hands tied
Reply View the author
albert-richie
deepin
2017-03-10 08:27
I Installed deepin 15.4 beta yesterday.And I must say that I am not that positive from what I have seen so far. It will be a week at least for I can give a full report but from what I have seen so far, compared with 15.3

Step forward:
The higher definition graphics

Steps backward:
The installer had trouble with my EUFI. I had to restart and try and find settings to get past the problem, because it threatened to format the entire drive.
The funny thing is that  Deepin 15.2 installed on the same machine without any problemwith the old uefi   bios settings. So it has become worse.

The wireless USB wifi has become slow/ barely working so I plugged in the cable. !5.3 had the wifi running fast and flawless.
The settings menu... WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? With 15.3 you had things nearly in perfect order. (maybe a few extra  settings options here and there would have been nice. But it was one of the best OS interfaces ever.  That's gone now. The settings interface has become a cluttered mess you have to wade through and try a guess or three before you find what you need. Where Deepin 15.3 was the best simple easy intuitive interface o all distro's. 15.4 is just as bad as the rest. It really lost it's edge and main selling point.
Also, it doesn't seem to be as stable. I feels more like the pre 15 ubuntu  deepin.

I wil do a better report.
But so far I'm less than thrilled.
Reply View the author
alexseixas
deepin
2017-03-19 11:16
Shortcut on the keyboard to access the control center, would be very good.
Reply View the author
akito
deepin
2017-03-20 02:33
https://bbs.deepin.org/user/73268 Completely disable any compatibility mode (like CSM) in your bios settings for non-UEFI installations. Then it should work perfectly. (Tested on my machine...)
Reply View the author