Nvidia proprietary driver
Tofloor
poster avatar
ahmadmukhtar
deepin
2017-05-13 17:47
Author
Hello there,

I installed Deepin 2 days ago, when I opened the driver manager, it showed bumblebee and I selected that as proprietary driver but it is not working at all, whenever I try to run a game from steam, the game just crashes without any error and I'm back to the steam library.

Is there any way to install the official Nvidia driver on deepin? can you guys help me in installing the official drivers.. thank you
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
onur
deepin
2017-05-15 11:16
I would like to know this as well.
Reply View the author
ahmadmukhtar
deepin
2017-05-17 07:42
anyone knows how to do so or not?
Reply View the author
ahmadmukhtar
deepin
2017-07-16 11:17
can anyone help me with this please?
Reply View the author
9***[email protected]
deepin
2017-07-16 11:26
bumblebee:

To run your application with the discrete NVIDIA card run in the terminal:

optirun [options] [application-parameters]
For example:

optirun firefox
Reply View the author
9***[email protected]
deepin
2017-07-16 11:31
nvidia-prime is forbidden in deepin 15.4

it seems that deepin 15.5 will be allow us install official Nvidia driver just like ubuntu-drive
Reply View the author
ahmadmukhtar
deepin
2017-12-27 07:21
Hello,

So, I installed the new version 15.5
But I don't see the closed source option or proprietary driver option just like other users do in driver manager.

Here, see the pics

What should I do? I want to use the proprietary drivers for better gaming performance and all. Please help!
Reply View the author
nipos
deepin
2017-12-27 10:45
Choose bumblebee-nvidia and intel-microcode in the driver manager.
bumblebee-nvidia will use the proprietary driver as you can read in the description below it and intel-microcode will optimize cpu performance.
At the other window,I think you should choose Bumblebee but I'm not sure.
Reply View the author
ahmadmukhtar
deepin
2017-12-27 10:56
for the intel microcode, it is saying this device is not working, what about that?
Reply View the author
oscararg
deepin
2017-12-27 11:44
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/139363
for the intel microcode, it is saying this device is not working, what about that?

The intel microcode isn't a device, this is the firmware which helps processor to work better, as default, your processor uses the firmware which comes with your BIOS version, the microcode is simply a continously updated version of this firmware. Use it or not, depends on yourself, or on how outdated is your BIOS, if you see temps, frequencies, or some problem with your processor, enable the microcode.
Reply View the author
ahmadmukhtar
deepin
2017-12-27 13:09
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/139363
The intel microcode isn't a device, this is the firmware which helps processor to work better, as  ...

right, thanks!
Reply View the author