Touchpad and libinput-gestures
Tofloor
poster avatar
daljit97
deepin
2017-08-03 05:05
Author
Ok so I am finally able to use Deepin on my Dell XPS 15. The touchpad gestures are ok, how I would like to customize them. I have uninstalled Synaptics and installed libinput and it seems to work better. There are a few things I don't like however:
- Two fingers swipe left/right to go back/forward is not working
- Swipe from the edge of the screen to show notification panel is not working
Also I would like to use libinput-gestures https://github.com/bulletmark/libinput-gestures. I cloned and installed the project but I am unable to make it work.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
daljit97
deepin
2017-08-08 08:06
Ok so when trying run in Terminal:
  1. libinput list-devices
Copy the Code

I get: "libinput command not found". How can I make libinput work?
Reply View the author
cody227
deepin
2017-08-21 11:35
you can find a config file for the gestures in `/usr/share/dde-daemon`. How did you switch to libinput?
Reply View the author
daljit97
deepin
2017-08-23 13:46
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/143636
you can find a config file for the gestures in `/usr/share/dde-daemon`. How did you switch to libinp ...

Yeah I know I can edit that file, but I think libinput is better (it gives you more gestures). I just uninstalled synaptics and installed libinput (which I think was preinstalled).
Reply View the author
cody227
deepin
2017-08-26 01:54
Edited by cody227 at 2017-8-25 17:56

Do only the edge-swipe and browser-back gestures not work or all of them?

I am now also trying to switch to libinput-gestures. I uninstalled the synaptics driver and deleted all gestures in /usr/share/dde-daemon. There was a problem with libinput-gestures-setup start not working because it doesn't know how to execute a *.desktop-file on DDE, but it turns out that isn't really necessary after you have added the desktop-file to autostart and rebooted (or alternatively you can solve the problem by installing gtk-launch).
I got it mostly working now (similar to the default gestures in DDE), but there are still two massive problems: First, the gesture detection in libinput is absolutely crap. Oftentimes it will register a 3-finger pinch when it's clearly a swipe. Second, when I have configured super+s as the shortcut for a gesture in libinput-gestures, it will sometimes only send an s and not the super (or not at the same time), so that it writes an s in my editor instead of showing the workspace-overview
Reply View the author