Where can I change the shortcuts to switch desktops ?
Tofloor
poster avatar
mike235
deepin
2017-11-27 11:12
Author
To change desktops by you can use Super + 1, Super + 2, etc.

Where can I change these keyboard shortcuts ? They don't appear in the Control Center > Shortcut section.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
o4is
deepin
2017-11-27 11:46
Edited by o4is at 2017-11-27 03:53
  1. gsettings get com.deepin.wrap.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings switch-to-workspace-1
Copy the Code
  1. gsettings get com.deepin.wrap.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings switch-to-workspace-2
Copy the Code

is that the shortcuts you're referring to?
if so, then use something like:
  1. gsettings set com.deepin.wrap.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings switch-to-workspace-1 'your-key-binding'
Copy the Code

or install dconf-editor and use the gui to explore(use the search bar and search for keybind) most of the keybindings available...
Reply View the author
mike235
deepin
2017-11-27 11:57
Your answers are very helpful, thank you.
Reply View the author
o4is
deepin
2017-11-27 12:07
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/149039
Your answers are very helpful, thank you.

You're welcome.
Reply View the author
mike235
deepin
2017-11-27 13:02
I tried your first method, and got this error :

1. mike@solaris:~$ gsettings set com.deepin.wrap.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings switch-to-workspace-1 'é'
  2. unknown keyword:
  3.   é
  4.    ^      
Copy the Code

I guess the Super key has to be written differently ?

Then I tried a search in dconf Editor and found the keybindings relative to workspace. I modified them like this :

But after I rebooted, they are not taken into account, the old keyboard shortcuts still work.

What am I going wrong ?

Reply View the author
o4is
deepin
2017-11-27 13:14
Edited by o4is at 2017-11-27 05:25
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/149039
I tried your first method, and got this error :

There is a shortcut switch-to workspace and another one move-to-workspace which is referring to moving a window to another workspace. Maybe you didn't change the rigth one as i see in the picture?
As for the first one my mistake.. it has to be written like that
  1. gsettings set com.deepin.wrap.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings switch-to-workspace-1 "['space']"
Copy the Code

Reply View the author
mike235
deepin
2017-11-28 02:50
Ah yes, once I changed "switch-to-workspace" it worked. Very cool that it applies immediately without logging out or rebooting !

I noticed that the keybindings are understood as QWERTY (English keyboard) by the system, that was confusing at first because I use a French (AZERTY) layout. So for example when I want to bind something to Super + A, I actually have to write ['Q']. I suspect this might be a bug, I submitted a feedback notice to Deeping two weeks ago when I first encountered it in the Control Center > Shortcuts.

Reply View the author