Blackscreen problem [SOLVED]
Tofloor
poster avatar
owczarek
deepin
2017-12-10 08:07
Author
Edited by owczarek at 2017-12-10 08:14

Hi,so i wanted to install Deepin on my pc and when i select "install deepin" from boot menu the screen goes black. I manage to install os by going to failsafe mode, then graphics works. Also after installation "recovery mode" works but it does not seem to save anything i do there, it does not support wifi card and most command does not work( isolated enviroment?). My bet here is that my specs does not like nouveau driver. What i want to do is to boot installed os the way "failsafe boot" on installation media does and from there install nvidia proprietary driver. I tested it on failsafe mode and it works flawlessly.
Specs:
cpu: i7 3770
gpu: gtx 970 gainward
motherboard: sapphire pure black p67 hydra
ram: 8gb ddr3
Thanks.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
wtz
deepin
2017-12-10 11:35
So the problem here is that you had no internet access in recovery mode, so no way to replace nouveau with nvidia proprietary driver?
Maybe you can try running apt in chroot environment so that you can modify files on the "real" partition instead of the loop image of recovery system (see this).
But I think a much simpler way is to modify boot parameters in GRUB menu directly (in order to avoid annoying commands):
  1. noapic noapm nodma nomce nolapic nomodeset nosmp nosplash vga=normal
Copy the Code

Press Tab key on the selected item, move cursor to the end of the line beginning with "linux /boot/vmlinuz...",  append all parameters above, then press Ctrl+X to boot. This should bring you to a basic graphical environment.
Reply View the author
owczarek
deepin
2017-12-10 16:12
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/149921
So the problem here is that you had no internet access in recovery mode, so no way to replace nouvea ...

I've added your parameters in grub and it did boot, then installed nvidia proprietary driver with driver manager and everything ( besides bluetooth ) works perfectly.  Thank You very much my Hero!  
Reply View the author