Why doesn't Deepin obey the keyboard brightness controls?
Tofloor
poster avatar
deepak_hatkar
deepin
2018-03-08 05:16
Author
Edited by deepak_hatkar at 2018-3-7 21:21

Allow me to explain. Let's say I increase my brightness to 50% using the brightness slider from the control center. As expected, the brightness gets adjusted accordingly. However, when I use the keyboard shortcut to control brigtness (Fn + F2 and Fn + F3 to decrease and increase the brightness respectively), the brightness level change but after first reseting to zero.
Steps to recreate the issue:
1) Increase the brightness all the way upto 50%
2) use the keyboard shortcut (in my case it's Fn + F3) to increase the brighness

Result: The display goes dim and then continue to brighten up until the keys are pressed. It doesn't recognise that the brightness is already at 50% and should continue from that level. Same when decreasing the brightness.

Also, I noticed, as I increase or decrease the brightness using the keyboard shortcut, the brightness slider in the control center doesn't slide accordingly.
However, That's not the case with volume controls. When I use the keyboard shortcut (Fn + F9 and Fn + F10 to decrease or increase the volume respectively), the volume slider does adjust accordingly.

System Information:Model - HP 430 PC
Graphics - Intel HD Graphics
RAM: 4GB
Hard Disk: 500GB

I'm sorry this isn't the best explanation. I tried my best.

Thank you for this amazing OS.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
nipos
deepin
2018-03-08 09:30
I can't reproduce that problem.
My laptop has special keys for some functions like brightness.
When I press them,it does exactly what I want while also displaying that small info symbol with an read-only slider in the middle of the screen.
That confirms that the change is done by Deepin and not in any special way by the hardware,
It changes the brightness as expected.
Reply View the author
wtz
deepin
2018-03-08 12:06
Perhaps there is something wrong with key maps. You can detect the current keyboard layout with "showkey" or "evtest" utility, see https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Extra_keyboard_keys.
Reply View the author
deepak_hatkar
deepin
2018-03-08 21:27
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/153906
I can't reproduce that problem.
My laptop has special keys for some functions like brightness.
When  ...

Thank you for your reply.

When I press them,it does exactly what I want while also displaying that small info symbol with an read-only slider in the middle of the screen.

This is something that I don't get when changing brightness using the keyboard shortcuts.  I get it when changing the volume and when I activate/deactivate the 'Caps lock' key.  But not when adjusting the brightness.
Reply View the author
deepak_hatkar
deepin
2018-03-08 21:30
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/153906
Perhaps there is something wrong with key maps. You can detect the current keyboard layout with "sho ...

Thank you for your reply.

I will try it and then update you on the same.

美好的一天
Good day
Reply View the author