HELP! Serious error on Deepin!
Tofloor
poster avatar
akira08
deepin
2018-03-26 14:36
Author

Hi guys, I need you help.

After I rebooted my system after changing the graphics driver, every time I turn on my machine the deepin says he can't changing bumblebee to Nvidia drive. And anything I installed or move in the system don't stay there after I reboot the system again. Always the deepin returns to the same point. I just move some pics I have in my Desktop to a folder and then when I turn on the system the picks were in the Desktop again.
Another thing is, after this problem, the deepin is consuming to much ram...

Someone knows what I have to do to fix this? I don't wanna to re-install the system again, and being honest if I have to I rather prefer to  changing of linux district
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
oscararg
deepin
2018-03-26 17:26
Oh man, you did my steps but from Bumblebee? I told in info to do that only from Nvidia propietary ones or Nouveau, a laptop is different, because in a pc you have the integrated graphics disabled by defect when you connect the dedicated graphics in the PCI-E port... Can you check if your BIOS can disable integrated graphics by default? Most laptops don't do that to maintain battery (dedicated graphics are better but it means more battery energy draining, Bumblebee, Prime, etc alternate between integrated-dedicated to do less draining, Nvidia propietary drivers simply uses the dedicated card all the time, but, if for laptops Nvidia created the "Optimus" technology, which Bumblebee and Prime drivers uses to work, they must have a reason for that). Please, search for the last Bumblebee or Prime drivers.
Reply View the author
akira08
deepin
2018-03-26 17:44
But I changed through the deepin graphics driver manager. I did this before, but at this time when I was doing the change the system show update, so I updated all because I just wish to do one reboot of the system, so I waited until ended all. After finished I rebooted the system and got this error. Now my sistem always auto-restore alone every time I turn on the system. So every change I do desapire, if I download something he don't save in the HD. lol!

How I fix this???
Reply View the author
oscararg
deepin
2018-03-27 13:26
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/154675
But I changed through the deepin graphics driver manager. I did this before, but at this time when I ...

Updating the system (with restart included) alongside driver installs/updates isn't a good idea even on Windows, because you make the system to do steps that sometimes interrupt another step from the other task. Can you see if you can run everything well with deepin's recovery?. The another task I recomend to you to do, will not repair the problem that is now happening, but will prevent loses next time, install "TimeShift" from Deepin Store and create a backup file of your system.
Reply View the author