Can't set or change wallpaper after Deepin 15.6 upgrade
Tofloor
poster avatar
weverton
deepin
2018-06-19 12:07
Author
Hi,

After Deepin 15.6 upgrade, isn't possible set or change wallpapers, the only possible way to change the wallpaper is with the right mouse button on the desktop, but from there I can only choose the official wallpapers.

I use Variety Wallpaper to get images from the web and change the wallpaper automatically. Variety is working perfectly, I know this because when I type the command gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.background picture-uri in the terminal, it returns the same image path that is set to current in Variety.

If I Define an image as wallpaper via Deepin File Manager, it is in the same situation as Variety.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
gaoshou
deepin
2018-06-19 18:08
maybe you can install  Variety again
Reply View the author
weverton
deepin
2018-06-19 20:40
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/158487
maybe you can install  Variety again

I reinstalled Variety several times, including removal using --purge and deleting the ~/.config/variety folder for clean install.

I don't believe that the problem is with Variety, because, as mentioned, it's changing the wallpaper, but apparently there is some bug with DDE which causes him to ignore the changes.
Reply View the author
gaoshou
deepin
2018-06-20 18:00
This DDE is a new version ,and with a new kernel , So from I see , Variety need update too
Reply View the author
Comments
weverton
2018-06-20 19:09
If I try to set an image as wallpaper via file manager, nothing happens either, so I think that really has bug in DDE.
weverton
deepin
2018-06-22 18:31
Edited by weverton at 2018-6-22 10:33

OK, I got a partial solution.

The correct command to return the wallpaper path in DDE is gsettings get com.deepin.dde.appearance background-uris and not gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.background picture-uri as I mentioned earlier.
I can set as wallpaper via terminal with the following command:
  1. gsettings set com.deepin.dde.appearance background-uris "['file:///path/to/img.jpg']"
Copy the Code
I know the wallpaper has changed seeing the launcher's background, but the change is only applied to the desktop when I restart the computer.

In Variety I made a small change to the set_wallpaper file from the ~/.config/variety/scripts folder. In the following part:
  1. # Deepin
  2. if [ "$(gsettings list-schemas | grep com.deepin.wrap.gnome.desktop.background | wc -l)" -ge 1 ]; then
  3.        gsettings set com.deepin.wrap.gnome.desktop.background picture-uri "file://$WP"
  4.        if [ "`gsettings get com.deepin.wrap.gnome.desktop.background picture-options`" == "'none'" ]; then
  5.               gsettings set com.deepin.wrap.gnome.desktop.background picture-options 'zoom'
  6.        fi
  7. fi
Copy the Code

I changed to:
  1. # Deepin
  2. if [ "$(gsettings list-schemas | grep com.deepin.dde.appearance | wc -l)" -ge 1 ]; then
  3.         gsettings set com.deepin.dde.appearance background-uris "['file://$WP']"
  4.         if [ "`gsettings get com.deepin.wrap.gnome.desktop.background picture-options`" == "'none'" ]; then
  5.                gsettings set com.deepin.wrap.gnome.desktop.background picture-options 'zoom'
  6.         fi
  7. fi
Copy the Code

Now I just need to find a way to clear the desktop cache so that everything works fine .

Reply View the author