Thumbnail preview issues in 15.7 nautilus
Tofloor
poster avatar
nataraj03
deepin
2018-08-31 10:48
Author
Edited by nataraj03 at 2018-12-1 18:28

After the clean install of 15.7, I installed nautilus file manager and the images thumbnail preview were not generated for images, video and RAW image files too. After lots of research, I installed 1) libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 and libgdk-pixbuf2.0-bin

2) ffmpegthumbnailer

and now the images are generated for image files like jpg, png, etc and for video files.
However still even after installing ufraw and ufraw-batch I'm not getting image preview for RAW images. I did lots of research too, but nothing works. Ufraw generated images but they all fail.
Any solution will be appreciated. Please help,
Thanks in advance.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
nataraj03
deepin
2018-09-01 07:12
I Solved the issue, somewhere I read that adding the mime type to gdk-pixbuf.thumbnailer would generate the thumbnails and it did work after I rebooted my laptop. you can find the file here "/usr/share/thumbnailer/". Hope this will be useful for someone.
Reply View the author
chris977
deepin
2018-09-24 09:22
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/168234
I Solved the issue, somewhere I read that adding the mime type to gdk-pixbuf.thumbnailer would gener ...

Hi! Could you paste here the contents of the gdk-pixbuf.thumbnailer file? Thanks.
Reply View the author
nataraj03
deepin
2018-09-24 11:14
[Thumbnailer Entry]
TryExec=/usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-thumbnailer
Exec=/usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-thumbnailer -s %s %u %o
MimeType=application/x-navi-animation;image/bmp;image/x-bmp;image/x-MS-bmp;image/gif;image/x-icns;image/x-icon;image/x-ico;image/x-win-bitmap;image/vnd.microsoft.icon;application/ico;image/ico;image/icon;text/ico;image/jpeg;image/png;image/x-portable-anymap;image/x-portable-bitmap;image/x-portable-graymap;image/x-portable-pixmap;image/x-quicktime;image/qtif;image/x-tga;image/tiff;image/x-xbitmap;image/x-xpixmap;image/x-nikon-nef;image/x-nef;
Reply View the author
chris977
deepin
2018-09-25 05:52
One more question: do the RAW thumbnails show up for you in Deepin File Manager too, or just in Nautilus? Because I can make them work only in Nautilus.
Reply View the author
nataraj03
deepin
2018-09-26 02:18
Only in Nautilus. I  don't use deepin file manager
Reply View the author