My Deepin 15.7 crashes all the time
Tofloor
poster avatar
c***[email protected]
deepin
2018-10-08 00:06
Author
Edited by carlosbortolon at 2018-10-7 17:14

After the upgrade to 15.7, my Deepin crashes a few times until I'm able to boot it. And after booting it crashes sometimes, for no reason. I've also noticed that all video players lag a bit when playing a movie (deepin, mpv,vlc). Rhythmbox (I have a large music collection) won't load alternative toolbar and crashes sometimes. The system became unstable and ureliable. I've changed to intel aceleration mode but it didn't help. My computer is an Acer E16 (inter i5 6200, 8 gb ram). I have dual boot with windows and windows works fine. WPS won't load.  Videos on youtube freeze constantly but not their audios!  How can I go back to Deepin 15.6?

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2018-10-08 03:36
First I would report this issue in Deepin User Feedback. Installing intel-micro code might help, or a clean install if it was an upgrade from 15.6.  I think they are working on 15.8 to address issues like yours. As far as going back to Deepin 15.6 , it's not really practical as there were many months of updates in 15.7. If your getting repeated crashes and unsafe shutdowns then your system partition is likely damaged and will require new format and install. Or recovery if you used Deepin Recovery and Deepin Clone and made clones or backups in advance.
Reply View the author
wtz
deepin
2018-10-08 04:37
It could be an incomplete upgrade that left some of the Qt libraries in old version, while other upgraded to new version.
Run
  1. sudo apt-get -f install
Copy the Code
anyway.
If it doesn't help, try
  1. sudo fsck.ext4 -fnv /dev/sdaX
Copy the Code
to do a filesystem check (as suggested by  dance707), where sdaX is your root partition name.
Reply View the author
c***[email protected]
deepin
2018-10-08 05:14
Edited by carlosbortolon at 2018-10-7 21:17
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/169580
First I would report this issue in Deepin User Feedback. Installing intel-micro code might help, or  ...

I`ll try installing the intel-microcode. All trouble started when I first upgraded to 15.7. The screen went black. I have 2 partitions  (/ e home). I reinstalled the system and Deepin worked again. But  never 100%. WPS won`t even launch. Lately the system won`t start before the third try. I reinstalled the system again and the problem persists. Should I format my home partition?
Reply View the author
c***[email protected]
deepin
2018-10-08 05:15
It could be an incomplete upgrade that left some of the Qt libraries in old version, while other upg ...

Tried both and nothing happened. Let`s see when I reboot. Thanks
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2018-10-08 05:18
All trouble started when I first upgraded to 15.7. The screen went black. I have 2 partitions  (/  ...

No home partition would not cause these issues , if you had problem with just one application, you could start a new config file for it. but your having multiple problems. I would run file system check as WTZ indicated.
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2018-10-08 05:54
Edited by dance707 at 2018-10-7 06:56

Most probable is your hardware does not like the current video driver or Linux kernel.  Some advanced users reported better performance with a newer Linux kernel. In your case you have already done a clean install , so can not boot the older 15.6 kernel in grub menu.
Reply View the author
c***[email protected]
deepin
2018-10-09 05:05
I've done all you guys suggested, including the installing of the Intel-microcode and they solved the instability problem. The system starts normally. Thanks guys! But the issue with the WPS suite remains though...
Reply View the author