Cannot connect to linux samba shares
Tofloor
poster avatar
captain-falcon
deepin
2019-06-25 07:35
Author
I'm running Deepin 15.10.1 (Debian stetch) on my main machine and I've been trying to connect to two other local linux machines' share folders (one Lubuntu and the other Raspbian). When I try to smb://server via dde-file-manager I get the login prompt, type in correct credentials and the prompt disappears for a moment then reappears (never accepting credentials as many times as I try).

However whenever I install Deepin 15.10.1 as a VM and do the same thing, credentials are accepted and connection to share is established. So I *think* I've messed up something with the dde-file-manager or permissions somewhere and I'm at a loss for where to look.

One potential sin I committed early on was adding the stable debian repo to my sources and accidentally upgraded most packages to "now" instead of deepin's "lion". Over the weeks I've slowly been downgrading packages as issues arise but I wonder if that's part of my problem here.

Any insight on how to troubleshoot this is very appreciated!

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Ochir
deepin
2019-06-25 16:31
I think you can try to use "sftp://server" instead of "smb://server".
I did this under the deepin system.

And I don't think you should manually modify the source.list,
which can cause a lot of problems.
Reply View the author
captain-falcon
deepin
2019-06-26 05:11
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/179805
I think you can try to use "sftp://server" instead of "smb://server".
I did this under the deepin sy ...

You're right, sftp://server worked fine. Thank you!

And I don't think you should manually modify the source.list,
which can cause a lot of problems.

Yes I had to learn that the hard way. Do you know of a way I can remove / purge all packages not part of the default deepin repository?
Reply View the author